This policy applies to:
- The Rakk Gears mobile app.
- Information we collect in Rakk Gears stores and at other locations and events under the Rakk Gears name.
- For simplicity, we will call the Rakk Gears websites and mobile app "digital properties" throughout this policy.
What we collectInformation you give us
We collect and store information you provide through our digital properties and in our stores.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card number and other payment information.
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
- Driver's license number (for example, if you return a product or apply for credit)
- Part of your Social Security number (if you use our renewal notifications services)
- Your whole Social Security number (if you apply for credit)
- Location information (such as when you ask us to tell you about nearby stores)
- Demographic and lifestyle information (if you sign up for a registry or birthday list)
- IMEI/UDID (a numeric identifier for your mobile device)
- MAC Address (another kind of numeric identifier for your mobile device)
- IDFA (Apple's ID For Advertising, a randomly generated number which can be cleared like cookies)
- Your responses to surveys
Information you give us about others.
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact information of someone who will pick up items for you at a store. We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it.
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information collected automatically online
We collect information about your interactions with us, including the type of device or browser you're using, your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our website, and the URLs of the websites you were at before you visited our site (these are called "referring URLs").
We may permit third party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers and may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. We provide more information about interest-based ads below.
Our digital properties are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Identifying you on our websites and our mobile app in order to customize your experience (for example, based on your purchase history or your location)
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services, or information
- Processing refunds, returns, and exchanges
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Delivering and installing products
- Managing our RakkGears Rewards program
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Information Retention
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we share your information
Rakk Gears does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to third parties. We share your information only in the ways we describe below.
We may combine or share information among current or future Rakk Gears companies, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Maintaining our RakkGears Rewards program
- Sending Rakk Gears marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Processing credit card payments
We may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business, such as private label credit cards. For example, while you have a Rakk Gears credit card, we share your personal information with our banking partners that issue the card.
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information for legal reasons, for example, if we are required to do so by a regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law or to respond to a government request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Rakk Gears, our customers, or others.
We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution, or similar event. If such an event takes place, we'll notify you through e-mail (if we have your email address) and/or a prominent notice on our applicable website(s) of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How we protect your information
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us.
We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it.
Our digital properties use encryption technology to protect your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your information, but you can do your part. You should create a strong password and protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and do not share your password with anyone. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and by using our digital properties you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
You may at any time:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Deactivate your account
- Request removal of information you post on our digital properties. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Provide your request and current contact information through one of the contact methods listed under "Contact Us" below.
Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the Internet.
Protecting Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Features